BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 28, 2009

Fall is here!!

Fall is here! Fall is my favorite season. I love living where we have 4 seasons--they are all beautiful and things are constantly changing. Just like my life :-)

Things have been so crazy. We are in the process of closing on our house...woohoo!! I cannot tell you how excited we are to be moving! We just bought new furniture and we ripped the carpet out and stripped, sanded and stained the beautiful hardwood floors underneath. Hard work but so worth it.

Because we bought a house, it was time for me to stop being a stay at home mom and move out into the work world. I enjoy my job :-) And the good news is that I've lost 8 pounds just getting out and moving more at work. I'm constantly standing and there is no time for sitting and just munching on food all day.

Sadly, my grandma passed away this month. It was sad but she was so ready to just go home. She loved the Lord and she would just say that she was ready to go home. It is hard to be so very sad, when she was not at all afraid to go. She was sick for so long. She was a wonderful lady and could be downright intimidating with all the knowledge of the Bible she had. She was my Sunday school teacher and set me on the right path in life. I don't think I will ever be half the lady she was and that's alright. Because if I have just half of what she had, I'll be doing pretty good :-)

Tomorrow I have to take my son to get blood work done. His fasting blood sugar has been high in the morning so we are off to to make sure that he doesn't have diabetes like his mama. I pray he doesn't. But because of this, it really is setting me on the right path of cooking better for my whole family...not just me.

Happy Fall everyone :-)

0 comments: