BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Hot & Healthy Through the Holidays!

Ever since Keely and Mama M came up with this great blog hop, I've been ready to go. And now that it is here, my mind has drawn a blank and I can't figure out what to write...lol

Why do I want to do this? To be healthy is my number 1 reason. I have diabetes, high blood pressure and unfortunately cholesterol issues that hit BEFORE I gained all this weight so my doc suspects that the cholesterol is hereditary. Geesh of all the things to inherit!

Number 2. To look great for my husband. And yes my husband really could care less what I look like. Seriously. My nickname is "Sexy Mama" and wouldn't it be nice to feel like I deserved that title?

My plan is to do the 30 day Shred and fit in a walk once I put the kids on the bus. My walk will happen BEFORE the Shred because if all these stories I hear are true, there will be no walking after I do the shred. I need to cut out sugar and other carbs. I want this journey to be for the WHOLE family. If I can get myself to eat right, then hopefully I can get everyone else in my home to follow! OK so if I can stick to it they will have no choice since I buy the groceries and make their meals. The joys of being a mom ;-)

Good luck everyone!! And thanks for the great opportunity Mama M and Keely! Hop over to Keely's blog and check out MrMcklinky. Join or just hop around the different blogs and encourage others! I think we could all use it!

5 comments:

Tyler said...

Good luck wendy! What is the shred? Just curious I am not sure what kind of exercise program I want to use yet.

Wendy said...

The 30 day Shred is by Jillian Michaels. She frightens me on the biggest loser so we will see if she scares me when she is yelling me...lol

Keely said...

Thanks for joining up Wendy!! By the time your done, Jillian will have nothing on you!!

Keely

Mama M. said...

Hey Wendy! You had me laughing about the Shred...it kind of intimidates me! Good luck...we'll see you through!

Jamie H said...

I'm thinking about doing the Shred too. Sounds a bit tough though.