BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wednesday's Walk



If you would like to join other bloggers on this Wednesday walk, visit Lynnette's site for all the details.

Well this is my first Wednesday's Walk, but I've been reading everyone else's for quite some time!

My memory doesn't have to do with my own children but with my nephew. I was there the day the little man was born. Oh it was such an exciting day! I was SO excited to be an aunt and just couldn't wait for that moment when I could spoil that munchkin and send him right home to his mama! Evil I know, but those were my plans :-D
Here he is the day he was born:

Photobucket


My little man is going to be 9 months old in August. And he has undergone so much in his little life. You see, my little nephew is a victim of Shaken Baby Syndrome. Not from his mama but we believe her boyfriend(she was at work at the time). And while I don't have pics of him in the hospital, it is a memory that will never leave me. But that isn't the memory I want to leave with all of you.
I want to leave you with this one to show you how good God is:

Photobucket

This is the little man today. This is the boy that I thought was going to die that day we drove to Children's hospital when he was life flighted. This is the little boy that SHOULD have died. This is Blake. And up until about a month ago after his accident, he was supposed to have been blind. They never thought he would see again. And he can. Yes, he still has issues. He has to build those neck muscles up to hold his head up again. His little leg is healed from being broken. And the arm that had the blood clots in still doesn't move as easily as the others. But he has such great progress every day. He is a fighter and over came so pretty good odds that were stacked against him!
God is most certainly good. He does amazing things. And that is a memory that will never leave us. That God gave Blakey's doctors the gift to save him. And that God does listen to prayers!

I know this isn't a particularly happy walk. But it is one we walked and one that is a true blessing to us. It reminded us of how good God is.

1 comments:

Linda said...

This is a special story and I am so glad that your little nephew survived and is doing good. He sure is adorable,...and I can tell that you love him very much!

All children are such blessings from God! And yes, I would certainly say that God is good and He did a great work in your little nephew's life.

Thanks for sharing.
Join us again.

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits