BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Another walk

This evening we went on another walk. My husband keeps us going at a nice speedy pace. He doesn't put up with slowness...lol. We take the kids with us too. This time we walked 2 miles and it was a dirt road that was pretty hilly so I was huffing and puffing towards the end.

My goal is to eventually jog or run. But I need lots and lots of fast paced walking before I can get there.

I'm actually proud of myself for keeping track of what I'm eating and walking every night. We have been under so much stress lately and it is so easy to just eat cookies, brownies and that type of stuff. But it is giving my husband something else to focus on rather than worrying about his sister and her baby. I can finally come out and say that my little nephew is a victim of shaken baby syndrome. My sister in laws boyfriend (or rather ex) almost killed my nephew. We are just heart broken for the little guy and my sister in law. We have been praying for this whole situation. I believe that my nephew is destined for great things. That God has fantastic plans for him in his life. The doctors say that he should have died that night he was hurt. But we thank God every day that he is still with us. He shows signs daily of improving.
But because of this whole situation, I've been eating terrible. But this week has been a bit better and I'm praying it just gets better.

But anyways, I did get my walk in tonight. So that is 3.5 miles this week. And my kids are enjoying it too! We never used to be able to count me walking as exercise because the kids walked so much slower and maybe without their dad keeping them moving, they would be slow. But my 8 year old is on a growth spurt and he is growing out and not up right now so we thought encouraging this as a family activity was good because then he doesn't know we are doing it for him too! I am not a parent that will EVER tell my child they need to lose weight and making them have a complex. But I will encourage healthy living and activities.

0 comments: